I was much more prepared this week than last for Sunday night dinner, and to boot, I have milk for today’s dose of morning coffee.
Tip of the week: Find your local market. Within three blocks of our home we have local grocer markets every Wednesday and Friday. I love to buy local produce rather than produce that has had to travel in a container before arriving in my home. I love supporting local farmers and I always find the flavors are more explosive.
My favorite offers this week:
- Weideglück Joghurt mild – 1000g containers, assorted varieties is on sale for 1.49€, normally 2.29€. Great addition for a morning smoothie: I mix the maracuja flavor with fresh mangoes, oranges and ice (spinach optional).
- Kiwi Fruit – on sale for 0.55€ a piece. Great for a quick snack and a loving addition to any lunch kit.
- Albi Saft (juice) – assorted varieties on sale for 0.99€, normally 1.49€. I often add a little juice to my glass of water.
Nimm 2 Lachgummi 225g-250g – assorted varieties on sale for 0.79€, normally 1.19€.
- Fresh Black Halibut – On special for 2.29€/100g.
- German Speisekartoffeln (Potatoes) – 3kg bag for 1.49€. Great for soups, hash browns, baked wedges, mashed, the possibilities are endless.
If you have any other super market chains in Berlin you would like me to review, let me know. Hope you have a great week and happy shopping!